Friday, January 29, 2010

SINGIN' IN THE RAIN (SINGIN' IN THE RAIN, 1952)

"Singin' Swingin' Glorious Feelin' Technicolor Musical." - tagline

One of the most celebrated musical movies ever was the 1952 classic, Singin' In The Rain. Gene Kelly stars as Don Lockwood along with Lina Lamont (Jean Hagen), superstars of the silent silver screen. For him, their pairing ends at the stage, to her it was real as the ones they starred in. Then comes Kathy Selden (Debbie Reynolds) an aspiring actress whose voice was perfect for the musical Don and Lina are making. Will the real voice be heard when the musical comes out? Gene Kelly, in perhaps his most popular movie made one of the most iconic movie scenes in Hollywood history, singing in the rain.


SINGIN' IN THE RAIN
sung by: Gene Kelly &
Debbis Reynolds (uncredited)

Don Lockwood:
Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo
Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo
Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo
Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo

I'm singing in the rain
Just singing in the rain
What a glorious feelin'
I'm happy again
I'm laughing at clouds
So dark up above
The sun's in my heart
And I'm ready for love
Let the stormy clouds chase
Everyone from the place
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face
I walk down the lane
With a happy refrain
Just singin'
Singin' in the rain

Dancin' in the rain
Dee-ah dee-ah dee-ah
Dee-ah dee-ah dee-ah
I'm happy again!
I'm singin' and dancin' in the rain!

I'm dancin' and singin' in the rain...
Why am I smiling
And why do I sing?
Why does September
Seem sunny as spring?
Why do I get up
Each morning and start?
Happy and head up
With joy in my heart
Why is each new task
A trifle to do?
Because I am living
A life full of you

No comments:

Post a Comment